hotun detect is award-winning
and critically acclaimed!
hotun detect is the world’s first in-tundish, water detection, temperature sensing, audible & visual alarm system.
Introducing hotun detect
The hotun detect alarm unit from RA Tech, has been specifically designed alongside our innovative hotun dry trap tundish range to help with the easy identification of water dripping or flowing from a systems relief valve, via the tundish, which indicates there is something wrong with the system. This in turn helps the consumer identify an issue to carry out vital remedial repairs, preventing unnecessary breakdown of the system and also saving water and energy.
hotun detect is the world’s first, in-tundish, water detection and temperature sensing audible and visual alarm system. When the relief valve passes water, hotun detect senses the water and, depending on the temperature of that water, will automatically indicate, that there is something wrong with the system.
There are four levels of warning, they are;
Stage 1 – 0 – 20°C
Stage 2 – 21 to 60°C
Stage 3 – 61 to 85°C
Stage 4 – 86°C + (critical alarm)
When the relief valve drips, the hotun detect unit will emit an audible (70-74dBA) and visual alarm. The type of alarm will indicate which temperature stage alarm has been activated (for full alarm functions please read the Operation and Installation leaflet document below). This information will help the engineer with fault diagnosis.
hotun detect’s simple, quick hook on design means it is fitted in seconds and as it is battery operated (2032 coin cell), it requires no specialist electrical knowledge to fit.
Features & Benefits
- In-tundish, water detection and temperature sensing alarm system
- Audible & visual alarm – Gives an immediate audible and visual alert to the householder or building user that the relief valve has started to pass water
- 70-74 dBA noise level at 1.0m with fresh battery – loud enough to hear but not too loud to cause a nuisance!
- Senses presence of water & temperature in 4 stages – helps with diagnosis of the system failure
- Helps save water and energy to heat the wasted water
- Battery operated (supplied 2032) – Requires no specialist electrical knowledge to fit
- In-built battery power indicator – Green – full charge, Amber – 50%, Red – replace
- Auto mute/reset functions as well as manual mute/reset overide
- Automatic alarm on low battery power
- Specifically meets G3 guidance para 3.55 – “…where discharges from safety devices may not be apparent, eg. in dwellings occupied by people with impaired vision or mobility, consideration should be given to the installation of a suitable safety device to warn when discharge takes place, e.g. electronically operated.”
- Suitable for any system where an active audible or visual warning may be useful – EG water storage tank overflows
- Helps installers to advertise the benefits of regular maintenance to customers
- Simple, quick, hook-on design – Can be fitted to the hotun dry trap tundish within seconds
- Compact, neat design – Unit is just 60mm (H) x 35mm (W) x 25mm (D)
Patented, Pioneering Products
Product Launch Pack Application
Request an emailed product launch pack please fill out the form below.